The digital industry is expanding and it is sure to affect what we watch, discuss, buy and even what we Like, who we friend and how we share, all through the year. When it is about the best practices in the new year, let us stick close to the best of practices of the past year which have remained the winners.
Let’s take a look at the best Practices for Digital Marketing:
- Gain ownership: In the hyper-competitive categories like electronics and auto, the word ownership is important for online branding. With a smart contextual plan at its core, let the strategy help your brand gain ownership of its voice on the web. Act fast to see how the key terms and key words do the work for you.
- Be Relevant: It is relevance that reigned in 2012. As it will be people in the driver’s seat, the central part of your marketing strategy will be occupied by the hopes, aspirations and desires of the consumers and this will place you on top. To dominate in the digital space, the five need states like utility, information, entertainment, recognition and rewards must be addressed by the brands. A notable trait found in 2011 was consumers becoming more spending-conscious rather than simply price-conscious. Therefore, it’s time for creating the strongest case for your product’s value. Be sure of the kind of content that seems engaging to your audience and make advertising that is in tune to what they read and watch. Make use of the advanced technology to deliver hyper-relevant ads matching ad content to the context of the page.
- Importance to content and context: To create value it is important to link creativity with technology. We are in a new era of advertising with focus on the latest tech but let’s not forget what matters lot is what is in the ads. A remarkable initiative for finding out consumers can go in vain you do not have anything to engage them. To be successful the ads need to bring relevant content in the context of a page. To be the best the advertising has to be dynamic with useful information.
- Be smarter with smart data: To get more mileage out of campaigns the marketers can look at the consumer behaviour more closely and make use of technology to get a clearer view of reader engagement and retention. In such a scenario it is important to see that all content is not equal and in spite of the fact that the volume of content has increased recently, it is quality that drives results.
- It is social media: With amazing 98% of 18- to 24-year-old people using social media, brands are developing new ways to make use of the social media assets. Publishing social content to new formats for pushing Facebook pages and bringing Twitter feeds in a relevant context are aimed at that. Innovative toolbar is also in use for pushing the clever contents of the brand to consumers on the web.
The above mentioned practices can prove to be the best for Digital Marketing and win over the global market.
Ronald Smith is an expert in the field of Digital Marketing who has spent around seven years with the top companies. He has also written several articles and blogs and has a vast knowledge of various digital marketing strategies. Here he is sharing the best practices for Digital Marketing to win over the global market.